NNL’s Science and Technology Conference – SciTec 2017 – took place beneath the wings of Concorde at Manchester Airport.
You can view the brochure, including the full programme, here.
One feature was a series of TEKTalks – short, punchy talks on a range of subjects including robotics, space and nuclear waste!
- Matthew Barker talks about experimenting on irradiated nuclear fuel at NNL’s Windscale Laboratory
- Lorraine McDermott talks about the increasing importance of Robotics in the nuclear industry
- Steve Stanley talks about the importance of collaboration.
- Tom Carey presents on UK legacy waste and decommissioning.
- Zara Hodgson talks about Life, the Universe and Everything! Includes a sneak preview at NNL’s new space film.
- Tamara Griffiths talks about the importance of lasers in the nuclear industry.
- David Hambley talks about how to deal with spent nuclear fuel from around the globe.
- Reuben Holmes talks on how we communicate with people about the nuclear industry.
- Brendan Perry talks about the simulation of complex nuclear systems.
- Qasim Kapasi talks about the increasingly important use of virtual reality in the nuclear industry.