What is Help to Grow?
In the March 2021 Budget, the Chancellor announced the new, UK-wide ‘Help to Grow’
schemes, to help SMEs between 5-249 employees across the UK to learn new skills, reach new
customers, and boost profits.
Help to Grow: Management
• Help to Grow: Management aims to deliver an intensive leadership and management training
programme to 30,000 SMEs across the UK over the programme lifespan.
• Developed in partnership with industry, this new programme is designed to be manageable
alongside full-time work, providing 50-hours of learning across 12 weeks.
• The programme is delivered by the UK’s leading schools, accredited by the Small Business
Charter and is 90% funded by the government, with a one-off fee of only £750.
Help to Grow: Digital
• Help to Grow: Digital aims to support up to 100,000 SMEs over three years with online advice
and guidance, as well as a voucher for software to help them save time and cut costs.
• Launched on the 20th of January 2022, the programme offers free impartial online support on
its online platform and will help SMEs identify their digital technology needs, assess technology
purchasing options and implement new technologies in their operations.
• In this first wave, SMEs can use the comparison tool for CRM and accounting here.
• Eligible SMEs can also claim a voucher covering up to 50% the costs of approved technology
solutions up to a maximum of £5,000.
How can businesses sign up?
SMEs can find out more and register for a nearby course by visiting