NOW LIVE: NDA Bursary Scheme 2020-2021
The NDA is requesting applications to its bursary scheme, to support the NDA mission to deliver safe, sustainable and publicly acceptable solutions to the challenge of decommissioning and clean-up of the UK’s civil nuclear legacy. The NDA’s goals for the scheme are as follows:
• Maintain and develop the key technical skills that will be required to help us carry out the mission over the coming decades
• Provide fundamental understanding of technologies and processes across the NDA estate
• Develop early stage technologies (TRL 1 – 3)
• Encourage two-way knowledge transfer between the academic and industrial communities working on nuclear decommissioning
What is not covered under the scheme is R&D focused on site-specific challenges such as improving the efficiency of an existing plant or process or on training resource in a specific capability. Those research areas are the responsibility of the individual subsidiaries and SLCs.
This year, up to £750,000 is available from the NDA PhD bursary to support projects that will lead to the award of a PhD. Universities and Research Institutes are invited to make proposals up to a value of £120k per project.
• For a description of the call research topics please review the following attachment: Advert
• For a description of the assessment process, please review the following attachment: Assessment Description
• For further background information to help define a successful proposal, please review this attachment: Supplementary information
• To submit an application, please visit the following site: ndaphdbursaryapplications.co.uk
Proposals must be submitted online by 15:00 on Friday 15th January 2021. Further information on the scheme, the assessment criteria and selection process is also available by contacting the administrator, Dr Mark Bankhead directly at the following email address (email@example.com) and within the documents posted on the NNL website.