Job Description for Mechanical Craft:
There’s never been a more exciting time to be part of the nuclear sector. New opportunities are being created all the time. At NNL, you’ll be in the ideal place to capitalise on this momentum, face new challenges and develop a long, successful and meaningful career.
We’re an organisation that’s here to experiment and push the limits of what’s possible. So, if you’re keen to excel in your chosen field, this is the place to do it. Because at NNL, anything is possible.
The Mechanical Craft is responsible for carrying out safe, quality and efficient maintenance/breakdown and project activities within Central Laboratory. They shall ensure all activities are being undertaken in a safe and complaint manner, to meet all requirements of the Nuclear Site Licence (as applicable) and all Regulatory and Legislative purposes.
Main Responsibilities for Mechanical Craft:
- Responsible for performing routine EIM&T, breakdown, recovery maintenance on maintainable assets as instructed by the Team Leader.
- Responsible for undertaking any mechanical associated project work as demand necessitates.
- Responsible for carrying out safe, effective and controlled isolations of Mechanical Plant within their designated area. They shall be responsible for flagging any issues up immediately to the Team Leader.
- Responsible for completing MOVEX job cards in accordance with site standards to ensure that good quality maintenance history is recorded.
- Responsible for supporting the designated facility in the installation, modification and commissioning of rigs and installed equipment, including identifying and assisting in delivery of plant and process improvements.
- Responsible for ensuring that the maintenance/breakdown/project tasks they are involved in are always covered by an appropriate Safe System of Work (SSOW) and complied with.
- Responsible for checking and fully understanding the Mechanical Instructions/Proof Tests that they are working to. If unsure at any point during delivery, they shall stop, make safe and highlight any issues to the Team Leader.
- Responsible for ensuring that appropriate workplace standards are always maintained, and the correct tools and equipment are selected for the task and used only as intended.
- Expected to actively participate in team briefs and LFE reviews taking personal action to resolve any issues or shortfalls in their area. If further resolution is required, they must engage the Team Leader.
- Always comply with company/site standards and expectations of behaviour and performance. They must actively challenge others they see not doing so and encourage the behaviours expected. Where appropriate, they shall raise the event on OSHENs. The individual shall deliver their personal targets as identified by the Team Leader.
- Responsible for attending all training identified by the Team Leader or Training Dept. to ensure successful continuation of their SQEP appointments.
Essential Criteria for Mechanical Craft:
- Holds a time served recognised Mechanical Craft Apprenticeship.
- Proven ability to interpret mechanical engineering drawings.
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s.
- IOSHH Working Safety.
- Safety Case awareness – knowledge of Safety Mechanisms (SM), Safety Related Equipment (SRE) and Safety Features (SF).
- Ability to obtain DV level security clearance (this includes but is not limited to identity, employment, financial, criminal record checks, interview plus 10 years of UK residency).
Desirable Criteria for Mechanical Craft:
- Required to become Nominated Person Mechanical.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Operation and Maintenance requirements associated with their area.
- Evidence of self-motivation with demonstrable levels of drive, energy, and resilience.
- Ability to demonstrate correct and informed decision making, even in pressure situations.
About The Company
NNL is an incredible place to work. A place where people do things that have never been done before. A place where people push boundaries to further themselves, the business and society as a whole.
This is a place where personal and professional opportunities are limitless. If you want to change the world, if you want to tackle climate change, if you want to help advance medical science, if you want to help put things in space, if you want to answer the big questions, if you want to work with extraordinary materials, if you want to meet great people, learn new skills, challenge yourself, work flexibly, and build a long successful career with the power to make a real impact… you can do it all here.
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.
Recruitment Agency Notice
We operate a strict Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for the provision of recruitment services. Only agencies on our PSL may provide CVs and only when the role is released to them by our recruitment team. We will not accept unsolicited CVs from suppliers not currently on our PSL. We explicitly reserve the right to add candidate details from unsolicited CVs from non-PSL agencies into our own candidate database and to pursue/hire such candidate(s) without any obligation, financial or otherwise, to the agency concerned.