Job Description for Enterprise Architect:
There’s never been a more exciting time to be part of the nuclear sector. New opportunities are being created all the time. At NNL, you’ll be in the ideal place to capitalise on this momentum, face new challenges and develop a long, successful and meaningful career.
We’re an organisation that’s here to experiment and push the limits of what’s possible. So, if you’re keen to excel in your chosen field, this is the place to do it. Because at NNL, anything is possible.
The role of the Enterprise Architect is to work with business and IT stakeholders, proactively develop & enable relevant strategies, architecture, and solution proposals so that appropriate technology solutions can be developed & delivered reducing the overall risk. EA develops the enterprise architecture viewpoints and helps to shape the various business/IT discussions/ needs towards the formal project initiation, aligning with the IT Strategy.
The role is responsible for defining/ improving/ enabling EA standards, principles, governance and documenting various artifacts require for architecture definition and business initiatives enablement.
The location for this role is flexible and can be based at Risley, Preston or Workington.
Main Responsibilities for Enterprise Architect:
- Advisor for creation of digital strategies for the organisation which shall align with the business strategy and needs.
- Develop and maintain, the enterprise architecture discipline in various domains such as business, application, technology, and data.
- Analyse industry, technology, and market trends to determine their potential impacts on the enterprise and existing IT landscape within NNL. Influence new initiatives accordingly.
- Design/update appropriate architecture (high level) which underpin business strategy as well as tactical requirements, so that technology solutions can be enabled.
- Analyse the current business and IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommends solutions for improvement.
- As per demand, develop and maintain enterprise architecture, baseline and target architecture, various roadmaps for upgrading and replacing technology assets.
- Maintain the governing principles to guide solution decision making for the enterprise.
- Work closely with the Cyber Security & Information Assurance to advise and ensure NNL’ s security position, obligations and risks are understood and designed into technical solutions.
- Work with other architects and colleagues to oversee technical assurance through the appropriate architecture governance forums. Escalate when require.
- Review and ensure the technology solutions designed/being delivered are in accordance with business SLA’s and IT OLA’s, aligning with NNL standards.
- Knowledge share, coaching, and mentoring other colleagues as require.
- Coordinating, and enforce policies, and procedures. Escalate when require.
- Work collaboratively with relevant business and IT stakeholders to drive the strategic and tactical discussions towards unified architecture.
- Help to develop work packages as per business needs including funding request, which shall enable creation of relevant projects.
- Maintain technology roadmaps and suggesting ideas to reduce costs in IT and business.
Essential Criteria for Enterprise Architect:
- Ability to obtain SC level security clearance (this includes but is not limited to identity, employment, financial and criminal record checks plus 5 years’ worth of UK residency).
- Breadth of knowledge across information technology and architectural domains, including Business, Technology, Application, Data, and Security.
- Track record in the design and development of enterprise grade solutions for traditional on premise and modern cloud or hybrid environments.
- Demonstrable experience of similar position or working within established enterprise architecture practice. Developed target state architecture and roadmaps, adopting appropriate standards and governance.
- Worked with vendors to shape technology solution proposals based on business challenges, and guided delivery through architecture governance.
- Good understanding of enterprise architecture discipline. Certification (or working towards) in industry standards, like Enterprise and Solutions Architecture, TOGAF, and Cloud Architecture, other Technical Certifications etc.
- Strong communication skills, ability to build relationships and influence stakeholders.
- We are looking for a hands-on enthusiastic EA who is good in application and technology understanding and comes from similar background, with Can-do attitude.
Desirable Criteria for Enterprise Architect:
- Be familiar with current and future digital trends and be able to demonstrate successful application to solve real world business problems, aligned with IT Strategy.
- Demonstrable experience in IT discipline (such as an architecture role, senior business analysis, application development, or infrastructure engineering etc.).
- Have developed business aligned technology architecture strategies, and solutions as per business requirements within limitations of the organisation’s IT capabilities.
- Excellent planning, analytical and collaborative interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and experience to recommend, adopt, customise, and apply industry standards and frameworks for enterprise architecture, business change and transformation.
- Experience of working in accredited / regulated environments and required documentation, with knowledge of balancing business benefit with technology risk.
- Degree in IT or engineering related subjects with relevant technology certification / accreditations.
About The Company
NNL is an incredible place to work. A place where people do things that have never been done before. A place where people push boundaries to further themselves, the business and society as a whole.
This is a place where personal and professional opportunities are limitless. If you want to change the world, if you want to tackle climate change, if you want to help advance medical science, if you want to help put things in space, if you want to answer the big questions, if you want to work with extraordinary materials, if you want to meet great people, learn new skills, challenge yourself, work flexibly, and build a long successful career with the power to make a real impact… you can do it all here.
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.
Recruitment Agency Notice
We operate a strict Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for the provision of recruitment services. Only agencies on our PSL may provide CVs and only when the role is released to them by our recruitment team. We will not accept unsolicited CVs from suppliers not currently on our PSL. We explicitly reserve the right to add candidate details from unsolicited CVs from non-PSL agencies into our own candidate database and to pursue/hire such candidate(s) without any obligation, financial or otherwise, to the agency concerned.