Business Relationship Manager
Job Description for Business Relationship Manager:
There’s never been a more exciting time to be part of the nuclear sector. New opportunities are being created all the time. At NNL, you’ll be in the ideal place to capitalise on this momentum, face new challenges and develop a long, successful and meaningful career.
We’re an organisation that’s here to experiment and push the limits of what’s possible. So, if you’re keen to excel in your chosen field, this is the place to do it. Because at NNL, anything is possible.
The Business Relationship Manager proactively serves as a “trusted advisor” and functions as a key IT point of contact for all business stakeholders. They represent IT by promoting IT’s vision, value, services and capabilities. They also act as advocates on behalf of business stakeholders to ensure the delivery of IT Services meet the business priorities, needs and expectations.
Main responsibilities for Business Relationship Manager:
- Establishing and maintaining strategic relationships between key business stakeholders and IT teams to ensure respective strategies remain aligned.
- Working closely with the Business Area leadership teams to drive their Digital Transformation agenda by clearly articulating and defining business needs and benefits, through well-documented Business Cases.
- Understanding and anticipating the direction of the business, identifying opportunities to make recommendations to support the desired business future state.
- Managing business expectations and perception across all IT Services and deliverables, and ensuring oversight for the resolutions of escalated IT issues.
- Providing strategic consultation to business and IT teams and participating in quality reviews and feedback sessions.
- Advising on options, risks and costs versus benefits and impact on end-user products and services.
- Providing Insight on external digital and technology trends, benchmarking, and innovation and how these can be leveraged to drive business growth and new operating models.
- Develops and advocates recommendations for solution options in conjunction with IT stakeholders.
- Working with appropriate business and IT stakeholders to proactively identify and evaluate risks associated with business or technology decisions.
- Providing periodic reviews and reports on service delivery and project performance.
Essential Criteria for Business Relationship Manager:
- Possess a broad knowledge of IT for a medium sized organisation, ideally with a scientific / engineering background.
- Have strong communication and influencing skills and the ability to build relationships and influence senior stakeholders.
- Be able to translate between IT and business stakeholders.
- Have strong project delivery skills (i.e. can demonstrate the successful delivery of projects – to time, cost and quality).
- Have a proven track record in a similar role.
- Be qualified to at least degree level or have relevant experience in IT or the nuclear industry.
- Ability to obtain SC level security clearance (this includes but is not limited to identity, employment, financial and criminal record checks plus 5 years’ worth of UK residency).
About The Company
NNL is an incredible place to work. A place where people do things that have never been done before. A place where people push boundaries to further themselves, the business and society as a whole.
This is a place where personal and professional opportunities are limitless. If you want to change the world, if you want to tackle climate change, if you want to help advance medical science, if you want to help put things in space, if you want to answer the big questions, if you want to work with extraordinary materials, if you want to meet great people, learn new skills, challenge yourself, work flexibly, and build a long successful career with the power to make a real impact… you can do it all here.
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.
Recruitment Agency Notice
We operate a strict Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for the provision of recruitment services. Only agencies on our PSL may provide CVs and only when the role is released to them by our recruitment team. We will not accept unsolicited CVs from suppliers not currently on our PSL. We explicitly reserve the right to add candidate details from unsolicited CVs from non-PSL agencies into our own candidate database and to pursue/hire such candidate(s) without any obligation, financial or otherwise, to the agency concerned.