Develop your research skills in a commercial environment
Our Post Doctoral Development Scheme enables you to transition from researcher to industry expert, by applying your academic skills to an industrial environment.
If you have a PhD in science, technology, engineering or mathematics and want to build on your expertise, shape the future of our industry and provide nuclear science for the benefit of society, join us.
Why join NNL?
Our international reputation is hard-won. When you join our team, you’ll work alongside some of the leading authorities on nuclear operations, waste management and decommissioning and fuel, reactor and reprocessing technology. We’re converting knowledge and expertise into real-world benefits on a national and international scale. Benefits that solve urgent challenges and that will improve society for generations to come.
2024 Opportunities will be advertised from January 2024.
You’ll also receive a great package of additional employment benefits including:
- Starting Salary over £41,900
- Company Bonus scheme
- Support toward professional institute membership
- Cycle to work scheme
£41.9k+ starting salary
About our scheme
We understand that the world of academia and the world of industry are very different environments. Our Postdoctoral Development Scheme is designed to smooth the transition between them, while supporting you on your first steps to becoming a subject matter expert.
From day one you’ll have a role in a technical team, delivering real customer projects. This allows you to directly see the value your skills and knowledge bring to our industry and our society. The two-year scheme runs alongside this role, providing you with the space and skills to develop in a commercial environment, whilst helping you decide how to advance your technical expertise.
The structured programme will give you:
- An introduction to NNL, so you understand where we sit in the wider context of the nuclear industry
- An introduction to the technical expertise at the core of our business, so you can see how your expertise relates to our wider technical portfolio
- A clear pathway of technical development
- Commercial awareness of our business operation
- The opportunity to build relationships with professionals and experts
- Mentoring to achieve chartered status with your chosen professional body
- A choice of development activities, tailored to you and your career aspirations
- Membership of a cohort of early career professionals, to provide support and community