Our dedicated and resourceful Project Managers direct the smooth delivery of processes and development programmes across all divisions of the nuclear energy sector – on budget and on time. Project Management is a growing profession with good career prospects worldwide.
What will my apprenticeship involve?
As part of your apprenticeship you will follow an apprenticeship standard. Apprenticeship standards show what you will be doing as part of your apprenticeship and the skills required as part of that job role. For our Project Management Apprenticeship you will follow the Associate Project Manager Standard at Level 4. On completion of this standard, subject to performance, we will enrol you onto the level 6 apprenticeship standard to complete your Project Management Degree. More information about the standards and how you will be assessed at the end of your apprenticeship can be found at:
You will learn about:
- Project Management
- Project roles and responsibilities
- Planning business cases
- Project lifecycles and project definition
- Project execution plans
- Risk management
- Project scheduling
Following your induction you will join our Project Management team 4 days a week in our facilities and attend College on a day release basis.
What will I be involved in on a day-to-day basis?
- Planning what work needs to be done, when and who’s going to do it
- Looking at the risks involved in a particular project and managing them
- Ensuring work is done to the right standard
- Motivating the team involved in the project
- Co-ordinating work done by different people
- Making sure the project is running on time and to budget
- Dealing with changes to the project as and when necessary
- Making sure the project delivers the expected outcomes and benefits
- Using specialist technical knowledge on certain projects
What qualifications will I obtain as part of the apprenticeship?
You will receive qualifications listed as part of the Level 4 Associate Project Manager apprenticeship standard.
What locations is this apprenticeship available at?
We offer our Project Management Apprenticeship at our Warrington and Sellafield facilities.
What qualifications do I need to apply for the apprenticeship?
You’ll already have a good academic background when you apply for an apprenticeship with us. You should have attained or be on track to achieving 5 GCSE’s A-C (New Grading 9-4) including Maths and English. We’re looking for bright, enthusiastic achievers who’ll want to be part of our mission to grow the nuclear industry. Applicants must be 16 or over.
What will I be paid as part of my apprenticeship?
We offer a competitive salary for all of our apprentices and all of our apprentices receive an annual increase for each year of their apprenticeship.