NATIONAL NUCLEAR LABORATORY LIMITED PRIVACY NOTICE
What is the purpose of this document?
National Nuclear Laboratory Limited (‘NNL’) is responsible for deciding how it holds and uses personal information about you. This Privacy Notice applies to you because NNL may collect personal information from you in the course of our business, including through your use of our website, when you contact or request information from us, when you attend our seminars and conferences, when we send you our future NNL news releases, publications, articles or NNL services or as a result of your relationship with one or more of our staff. It makes you aware of how and why your personal data will be used for these purposes and how long it will be retained for.
What personal information does NNL hold about you?
NNL will collect, store, and use some or all of the following categories of personal information about you:
- Telephone number – landline and mobile
- Email address
How is your personal information collected?
NNL collects your personal information from the following sources:
- NNL’s website – www.nnl.co.uk
- Emails sent by you to NNL
- Questionnaires and forms completed by you
In what circumstances will NNL use information about you?
NNL will use the personal information collected about you for the purposes of:
- Emailing you about NNL events
- Emailing you about NNL news we wish to share and which we think will be of interest to you
- Contacting you about any services or requests you may have asked of us.
Will NNL share my personal information with third parties?
NNL will sometimes share your personal data, insofar as we are permitted by law to do so, with trusted third parties such as IT companies who support our website and other business systems and delivery partners.
Your rights in connection with personal information
In certain circumstances and subject to limitations, by law, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information NNL holds about you and to check that NNL is lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information held about you. This enables you to request that any incomplete or inaccurate information NNL’s holds about you is corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask NNL to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for continuing to process it.
- Object to processing of your personal information where NNL is relying on a legitimate interest (or that of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask NNL to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example, if you want NNL to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of certain personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that NNL transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact NNL’s Data Protection Officer (DPO) in writing (see below for contact details).
Data Protection Officer
NNL has appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO) to oversee compliance with this Privacy Notice. If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, or how NNL handles your personal information, please contact the DPO. Contact details for our DPO can be found below.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact the Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
This Privacy Notice is issued by:
National Nuclear Laboratory Limited