Monday 11 October 2021
Today marks the first day of the new NNL Post Doctoral Development Scheme – a pioneering new scheme for early career colleagues who have recently completed PhD qualifications. The scheme allows them to continue developing and applying their research skills within NNL’s more commercial business environment whilst helping them on the road to potentially becoming our future Subject Matter Experts and senior leaders.
A total of sixteen colleagues are embarking today (11 October) as the first cohort on the new programme. Each of them will have a role in a technical team involved in delivering real customer projects, allowing them direct sight of the value their skills and knowledge bring to the nuclear sector, and by extension to our wider society. The Post Doctoral Development Scheme runs alongside these roles, providing our colleagues the space and skills to develop in a commercial environment whilst helping them decide how to advance your technical expertise.
The two-year programme gives the new entrants:
- A clear pathway for their technical development
- Commercial awareness of all of the functions of NNL
- Access to a programme of tailored training, building on their previous experience
- Behavioural Development providing their own personal development plan
- Opportunities to network with mid-career professionals and experts
- Mentoring to achieve chartered status with their chosen professional body
- Membership of a cohort of early career professionals to provide support in developing within the company
The first cohort of colleagues on this groundbreaking scheme have all had previous connections with the business, but the initial feedback has been so successful that we’re already working within the business to identify our Post Doctorate needs for 2022 and we’ll be advertising these when they have been agreed via the careers portal on our website https://www.nnl.co.uk/careers.